Report Abuse

Labels

'I am open to help Bengal in any capacity possible' - Wriddhiman Saha set to reconcile differences with CAB and return to Bengal

Wriddhiman Saha
Wriddhiman Saha. (Source - Twitter/X)

39-year-old Indian wicketkeeper-batter, Wriddhiman Saha, is set to resolve harmony with the Cricket Association of Bengal, the governing body of his home state, which he represented for 15 years until 2022.

Saha had parted ways with the Bengal team prior to the 2022-23 domestic season following a verbal altercation with CAB joint-secretary, Debabrata Das, who, in a statement, accused Saha of offering various excuses to opt out of Ranji Trophy matches for Bengal. In response, Saha decided to sever ties with Bengal and shift his allegiance to Tripura.
Addressing reporters at Eden Gardens, Saha unequivocally expressed his reluctance to dwell on past events. Instead, his attention was firmly set on contributing to Bengal cricket for the remainder of his career. He further stated his eagerness to take the field as a Bengal player once more, while also expressing openness to a future coaching role.
"I don't think of the past or the future, but only stay in the present. And on that note, currently, all I am thinking about is about playing for Bengal. I have forgotten everything that happened in the past. I am open to helping Bengal in any capacity possible. Since I am a cricketer, I would be better off helping Bengal in coaching instead of any administrative role," stated Saha, as quoted by ESPNcricinfo.

When I will retire, I will leave all forms and all formats of cricket: Saha

When questioned about the prospect of retirement, Saha was forthright, stating that it is not on his agenda at the moment. He emphasized that his current priority was to remain fit and available as an all-format player. Saha also acknowledged the importance of workload management given his age but affirmed that it would not deter him from achieving his aspirations in the twilight of his career. 

"I am not looking at retiring at the moment. When I will retire, I will leave all forms and all formats of cricket, but right now, I am focused on red-ball cricket, white-ball cricket, the IPL, and I'm available for everything. I will be managing my workload with one eye on my age, but I still have the drive to play cricket and see Bengal do well," added Saha.
Undoubtedly, the Siliguri-born cricketer has been an integral part of Bengal’s cricketing fabric for years and would be keen on enhancing that legacy should he be given the opportunity to rejoin the fold. 


from Cricket News: Today's Top news and headlines from cricket world | CricTracker.com https://ift.tt/CwFehtk

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Ad