Report Abuse

Labels

‘Start pushing your barrier every single day’ - Hardik Pandya reflects on importance of fitness, training

Hardik Pandya
Hardik Pandya. (Photo Source: Instagram/HardikPandya)

Star India all-rounder Hardik Pandya recently came forward and opened up about his commitment to fitness and training. The 30-year-old suggested that the human body can get to any level that one wills to, but also highlighted the importance of hard work in the process. 

Pointing out his speeds while bowling, Pandya revealed how hard work and the proper training had helped him reach speeds hitting 140+, while earlier he was only able to hit 130+ speeds while bowling.

Pandya had to miss part of the ODI World Cup 2023 due to injury after playing just two matches. He sustained an ankle injury against Bangladesh, but he did hit top form in the T20 World Cup 2024 and was influential in India’s title win.

“I used to bowl, if I'm not wrong 130s; higher 130s, I was able to go 140-plus, 142 by pushing, that's when I realised by 2017 or not as soon as I started getting more (and) more into my body, more knowledge about it and that's when I start pushing,” Pandya was saying in a recent media interaction.

“Start pushing your barrier every single day because the human body is such a lovely creation by god that it will mould however you want (it) to, however you want to have it, it's just that it just needs a little hard work,” he added. 

Everyone who wants to start with a fitness journey: Pandya

Furthermore, Hardik Pandya also talked about how as a 16-year-old, he used to push his limits with his trainer and exceeded his expectations every time that he got the chance to do so.

“The point that it is very, very important to sometimes clean your mind as well, that your body has much more than what you can think and that video (he watched as a 16-year-old) stayed with me for so long that, every time in my life, when my trainer is telling me to do 10 push-ups, I've always ended up doing 15. And that has pushed my limits and I think slowly, everyone who wants to start with a fitness journey they should focus on that,” Pandya said.



from Cricket News: Today's Top news and headlines from cricket world | CricTracker.com https://ift.tt/RhE97Qm

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Ad