Report Abuse

Labels

‘The turning point is here I'm getting chances to play' - Ajinkya Rahane credits CSK skipper MS Dhoni for his transformation

Ajinkya Rahane and MS Dhoni
Ajinkya Rahane and MS Dhoni. (Photo Source: Twitter)

The 16th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 is well underway, and one of the biggest talking points of the season has been the form of the veteran Indian batter, Ajinkya Rahane. The 34-year-old was roped in by the Chennai Super Kings at the IPL 2023 auctions for a base price of INR 50 lakhs.

Although the decision to give Rahane a chance, seems to have paid off for Chennai, he has been in a league of his own at the ongoing T20 carnival. With 209 runs in five games so far and maintaining a strike rate of 199.05, he has been one of the most important players for Chennai in the tournament.

Recently, Rahane scored his second half-century of the season, when the four-time champions took on Kolkata Knight Riders in the 33rd match of the tournament. Rahane amassed 71* runs in just 29 deliveries. After the game, the veteran batter came forward to talk about his performance at the competition.

"The only thing I tell you... I really enjoyed my knock, really happy that we won this match. You get a chance to learn many things when you play under Mahi Bhai (MS Dhoni). As a batter and cricketer, you always want to grow. The way the format is evolving, I feel as an individual you have to keep growing and developing your skills," Rahane said at the post-match press conference.

If you see, I was not getting opportunities to play one-two years ago: Rahane

Furthermore, Ajinkya Rahane also took a cheeky dig at his past franchises by opining that he was not getting as many chances in the previous editions of the IPL. Notably, playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the previous season, the 34-year-old got minimal opportunities for the two-time champions.

"The turning point is here I'm getting chances to play. I was really happy when CSK picked me. They gave me opportunity to play and express myself, If you see, I was not getting opportunities to play one-two years ago. And, if you don't play matches, how would you show what shots do you have in your armoury," Rahane concluded.



from Cricket News: Latest and Breaking Cricket News & Updates Today | CricTracker.com https://ift.tt/2fQ7Kco

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Ad