Cameron Green opens up on his batting exploits despite fractured finger

Cameron Green
Cameron Green. (Photo Source: Flashscore Cricket Commentators/Twitter)

Cameron Green showed nerves of steel as he not only batted with a fractured finger but also scored a gritty half-century on Day 3 of the recently concluded Boxing Day Test match at the iconic Melbourne Cricket MCG.

However, the extent of the injury is so serious it will sideline Green from the third and final Test match that is scheduled to be played at the Sydney Cricket Ground next week.

Giving more details on the agonizing injury, Green went on to say that he already sensed something wrong immediately after being struck by an Anrich Nortje bouncer. At the same time, the youngster also admitted how he tried to be brave despite being in deep discomfort.

I reckon my finger is out of place here: Cameron Green

“You try to not show the pain straight away. I marked my guard again and walked a couple of steps, and I was like ‘I reckon my finger is out of place here’,” said Green while speaking to cricket.com.au.

“I checked on it – it looked a little bit ‘inverted’ is the only way I can explain it. It already had a big cut in it, then I got the bad news after the scan,” he added.

At the same time, the batting all-rounder who had retired hurt before stumps on Day 2 also explained why he risked coming out to bat despite the scans revealing that he had a minor fracture on his finger.

“I was only going to go out there if we lost four or five wickets in the first session. If we‘d lost all the wickets in the second session, I wasn’t going to go out there at all.”

Green remained unbeaten on 51 off 177 deliveries and strongly held the fort from one end that eventually helped Alex Carey in completing his century. Apart from his valiant batting efforts, Green was also impactful with the ball in hand as he registered a fifer in the first innings to bowl the Proteas out for just 189.

Australia won the contest by an innings and 182 runs and have taken an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.

 

 



from Cricket News: Latest and Breaking Cricket News & Updates Today | CricTracker.com https://ift.tt/gOhB9pw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virat Kohli is in the same bracket as Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting: Curtly Ambrose

'I was almost embarrassed with our first half of the game today' - Ricky Ponting after DC's 106-run defeat versus KKR

Why Axar Patel will not play Asia Cup 2023 Final match against Sri Lanka?