Report Abuse

Labels

These days captains winning the toss in T20 format are always looking to chase: Nikhil Chopra

Sri Lanka Team
Sri Lanka Team(Photo Source: Mohit-sharma/Twitter)

The toss has primarily played a pivotal role in the results of the matches across all three formats. If talked about white-ball cricket, the captains have preferred chasing over defending targets due to various factors. Furthermore, the ground dimensions, nature of the surface and track record of the matches played are other attributes as well.

In the ongoing Asia Cup, teams batting second have won on nine out of 12 occasions. In particular, the Dubai International Stadium has witnessed teams chasing down the scores winning on 26 out of the last 30 T20I matches.

Ahead of the Finals between Sri Lanka and Pakistan, former Indian cricketers Nikhil Chopra and Wasim Jaffer spoke on the trend, which has been used by almost all the teams in the shortest format. Chopra thinks the teams have opted for this strategy to plan the chase better and keep steering the team at the required run rate.

“In terms of chasing in the T20 format, you can plan better in pursuit of chasing down the total. I think it’s very important to have a look at the stats when the captains have won the matches in T20Is by chasing down the scores. I think most of the teams have won by batting second,” said Nikhil Chopra via 'BatBricks7 presents Run Ki Runneeti' on CricTracker.

Sri Lanka made a terrific turnaround: Wasim Jaffer

Jaffer believes Sri Lanka has produced clinical performances, after losing their first league match against Afghanistan. He further added that the toss and momentum have also paved way for the Dasun Shanaka-led side to reach the finals and becoming the eventual champions.

“To win these tournaments, you need a little luck, which has gone their way. No one counted Sri Lanka ahead of the tournament, but they have made a great turnaround. Those teams are scary, who peak after losing the game,” said Jaffer.

from Cricket News: Latest and Breaking Cricket News & Updates Today | CricTracker.com https://ift.tt/PncU0hI

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Ad